OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Error saving the document [Solved]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmogli
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:41 am    Post subject: Error saving the document [Solved] Reply with quote

Help!

Since upgrading to OOo.org 2.2 (now running version 2.2.1 under Windows XP), periodically get an error message dialog when I try to save a file. Example:

Error saving the document filename.odt:
Write error.
Error writing the file.

This happens sometimes with a new, previously unsaved file, and sometimes with a previously saved file reopened for editing. In the case of the new file, A zero length file is found in the directory. In the case of an existing file, the original is left undisturbed (can be reopened later) but all modifications since the last save are lost.

This behavior is (at least to me so far) unpredictable. I can save several files with no problem, then run into this error. I can start up Writer from scratch, key in text, and then not be able to save the first file. I can have two windows open, the document in one window saves without problems, but the document in another window cannot be saved.

Does anyone have any idea what's happening? I have been using Writer for several years now and I have always found it to be quite reliable, but this makes it almost unusable for me. I never know when my data can be saved.

Last edited by kmogli on Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Hagar Delest
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget to search the forum before posting, this has been discussed some times already, see here : Saving in Writer causes "Error writing file". Especially end of that long thread.

Thanks to add '[Solved]' in your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
jwr
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject: disk cleaning software Reply with quote

In addition to Hagar's link the problem wil be described in:

http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=54930&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Quick solution to this problem:
remove or disable the disk cleaning software (e.g. IE Privacy Keeper and similar tools) while working with OOo-programs.

Regards -Hans-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: