OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

can someone help me with Base and Excel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
victorjake

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: can someone help me with Base and Excel Reply with quote

Okay, more help with Base. I'm using OO2.2 and I have Excel 2000. I'm trying to convert a parts inventory from Excel (pretty old and convoluted) into Base. The way the Excel was set up was that:

1. There is a main page of Parts (with a drawing#, part#, type, description, weight, customer price, company price columns), each of which is hyperlinked to a separate worksheet (just the part name is hyperlinked).
2. On the same main page, there is one column of customers hyperlinked to separate worksheets as well.
3. The individual Parts worksheets has basic transaction details (date, customer, job#, qty in, qty out, qty remaining, price, notes) and the customer column is hyperlinked to the individual customer worsheets.
4. The customer worksheet contains all the parts they've ordered (as well as the columns for date, job#, part name, qty, notes) and the Parts are hyperlinked to the individual Parts worksheets.

I know there probably isn't an easy way of importing all of this data, but if I can get a setup where the Main Page, the individual Parts, and the individual Customers are linked, that would be a huge help. Maybe there is a way for adding a new customer/part that, when a certain type of part/customer is typed into its database, it would already be linked. Any suggestion to make this more efficient is welcome.

I'm not going into this blindly, as I'm reading a lot on OO right now (started yesterday, but just got INTO it today), but if anyone has the time to help me with this (probably much, much quicker), it would be greatly appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: