OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum
 
 [Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Protecting an Impress file against editing

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
pincopallino
General User
General User


Joined: 17 Jul 2003
Posts: 26
Location: Duckburg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Protecting an Impress file against editing Reply with quote

Greetings,

In PowerPoint one can save a presentation as slideshow (.pps instead of .ppt). Can I do something similar with Impress?

I also need some protection, so that a user can run the slideshow but not modify its content. Can this be done?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hagar Delest
Super User
Super User


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 5164
Location: France

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Protecting an Impress file against editing Reply with quote

Are you talking about these features for PPT/PPS or for ODP format ?

pincopallino wrote:
In PowerPoint one can save a presentation as slideshow (.pps instead of .ppt). Can I do something similar with Impress?

Save as PPT and change the extension manually to PPS in your file browser. No such feature with ODP.

pincopallino wrote:
I also need some protection, so that a user can run the slideshow but not modify its content. Can this be done?

Not supported for MS format IIRC.

Don't forget to search before posting, your questions have been answered already Wink
_________________
Now on the EN user community forum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pincopallino
General User
General User


Joined: 17 Jul 2003
Posts: 26
Location: Duckburg

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:13 am    Post subject: Re: Protecting an Impress file against editing Reply with quote

Hagar de l'Est wrote:
Are you talking about these features for PPT/PPS or for ODP format ?

I'm talking for ODP. I was asking whether the PPT/PPS features exist also for ODP.

Hagar de l'Est wrote:
Save as PPT and change the extension manually to PPS in your file browser.

This I know

Hagar de l'Est wrote:
No such feature with ODP.

Really a pity!

Hagar de l'Est wrote:
pincopallino wrote:
I also need some protection, so that a user can run the slideshow but not modify its content. Can this be done?

Not supported for MS format IIRC.

I have MSO2K and it was not supported, but AFAIK it is in the newer versions. But anyway, OO is not a copy of MSO, is it? It may have features that MSO does not have.

Hagar de l'Est wrote:
Don't forget to search before posting, your questions have been answered already Wink

I did, but nothing showed up (in the Impress forum). It is true, however, that the site was terribly slow when I posted my question.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group