OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

inserting pictures problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: inserting pictures problems Reply with quote

Hi and I apologize for being very clueless, but I don't know how to solve this problem. We have bought a Vacation Bible School program that comes with a Power Point presentation. I don't have PP, so I downloaded OO, since it said it is fully compatible. I tried it out and have no problems inserting pictures into a new presentations, however with the PP presentation that we want to use, it doesn't work. Everything opens up nicely, but the inserting picture funtion is not available. What can I do?
I have a hunch that I'm just missing something simple. Thank you for bearing with me, this is all very new to me.
acknak

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps the file is read-only? If you open it from a CD, the presentation will be read-only and cannot be changed.

If it's a regular file, check the file permissions from the file manager. Is it read-only? Then OOo will prevent you from editing it.

Try clicking the "Edit File" button on the toolbar: 5th from left, next to "PDF" export button.

If that doesn't help, can you post a copy of the file somewhere? I guess not, as this is probably something you paid for--they likely wouldn't appreciate you posting a public copy of it.

If you want to email me a copy, contact me by PM (button below) and I'll give you an address. As you say, it is probably something simple.
rain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Acknak, you were exactly right. My daughter figured it out before me. Now I can edit it, but still have troublewith the sound, but I am now confident that it is not a compatbility problem, just my inexperience. Thank you for your time.

Cool
acknak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you're making progress.

Actually, sound is likely to be more of a problem. Multimedia support in Impress is very shaky--there are lots of problems. You may have to play the sound separately. Obviously that will only work if the sound and presentation do not have to be perfectly synchronized.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: