OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Creating a "skip pattern" in Base

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TiredTurk
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:44 am    Post subject: Creating a "skip pattern" in Base Reply with quote

I am creating a database that some laboratories & clinics will use to enter patient data. I want to set up automatic "skips" when the form is being filled in.

For example, if a patient is asymptomatic, I want to have the cursor "skip" over all the symptom fields to the next section. I am guessing that I need to set up a "if aymptomatic=1 then symptom1-symptomn=0" statement, but damned if I can figure out how or where to do this.

TIA

-E
mobi-doc
OOo Enthusiast
OOo Enthusiast

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is the "Tabstop" property in every control, a boolean variable. If it's TRUE then the cursor stops to that control. You can change it with BASIC code.
TiredTurk
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:09 am    Post subject: Re: Tabstop and Basic code Reply with quote

I am going to sound very stupid, but I feel that way so it is ok Smile

Asymptomatik is a listbox variable, so if the lab clinic chooses Yes (1) I would like the all symptom questions to be automatically filled w/0

Here is what I have tried thus far:

Using Tools>SQL

UPDATE katilan laboratuvar bilgi
SET ateş=0, sulu_ishal=0, kanlı_ishal=0, karın_ağrısı=0, kusma=0, bulantı=0, tenesmus=0, kilo_kaybı=0, iştahsızlık=0, dehidratasyon=0, hemolitik_üremik_sendrom=0, guillaın_barre_sendrom=0, enterik_ateş=0
WHERE asemptomatik =1

In cae you have not guessed it already, I am vey new to SQL
DrewJensen
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmm....well, let me see if I follow.

You have a form.
The form has a whole bunch of possible data entry fields.
It also has this list box.
The user select YES in the list box.
Then on the FORM you want the values to be filled into the controls that will not be needed
BUT
You DO NOT want to automatically finish with the form, but rather to skip to the next control that does still require data to be filled in.

Is that correct?

If that is the case then you will need to take a different approach.

On the other hand if after selecting YES in the list box the user is done with the form and all that needs to done is write the record to the database, then you can do it with an update command.

Either way you will need to assign a macro to the 'Item Status Changed' event of the list box.

Let me know which of the actions you are looking for and I can help you with the script.
TiredTurk
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Skip pattern Reply with quote

Hi Drew,
You follow 100%. That exactly what we need. If someone has no symptoms, we want to skip tp the laboratory findings section of the form. We are trying to avoid having someone mark any of the symptom fields if they have already selected yes in the "Asymptomatik" field.

I will need to do the same thing in another section, so that if the laboratory found E. coli in the izolated organism field, it will skip to the controls in the section with the E. coli testing results, leaving the controls fo th other organisms blank.

Let me warn you that I know almost no SQL coding and absolutely no Basic of any dialect, so please make any explainations for the level of someone who knows almost nothing about anything (except SAS coding) Embarassed

Thank you!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: