OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Where is spelling correction file?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nsivin
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject: Where is spelling correction file? Reply with quote

I am in the process of switching over from Word 2000 in Win2K to OOo in Ubuntu 7.0.4. In Word, I use AutoCorrect to heavily customize my keyboard, so that abbreviations (e.g., abbrev for abbreviate, ;us for United States) save me a great deal of typing. Word stores the AutoCorrect file under the name MSO1033.acl.

Since one can do the same thing with OOo, I would like to use the same file rather than enter hundreds of long and short forms manually one by one. (1) What is the name and path of OOO’s spelling correction file? (2) Is OOo’s spelling correction file in the same format as Word’s? (3) If not, is there some way to import or convert the Word file?

Thanks,

N. Sivin
mihel
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried what they write in Help?

Working with the word list

If the automatic spellcheck option is enabled, only the words that are recognized by the spellcheck are collected.

Use the word list to always start with a defined set of technical terms for the word completion feature.
1.Open the text document that contains the terms that you want to use for word completion.
The word completion feature collects the words.
2.Select all or some of the words in the list.
3.Use Ctrl+C to copy all selected words into the clipboard. Paste the clipboard into a new document and save it to get a reference list of collected words.
Later you can open the reference list and automatically collect the words, so that the word completion feature starts with a defined set of words.
Hagar Delest
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget to search the forum before posting : Import autocorrect from Word ?

Thanks to add '[Solved]' in your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: