OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Installation failing due to lack of partition

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DLD-UK

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:06 am    Post subject: Installation failing due to lack of partition Reply with quote

I have just tried to upgrade to 2.3 but the installation fails because I no longer have a partition with the letter :O/. But that partition was never used for the installation or the storing of any documents on the previous installation so I don't understand why it requires it.

I have looked through the registry and done a search of all files but can't find any reference to the partition anywhere in anything connected to OpenOffice. I have even tried uninstalling the previous version and re-running the setup but this made no difference.

Obviously I could change one of my existing partitions to be O:/ but I can't see why there should be any need to do this and I have no idea what impact it would have on other software I'm running.

Any help in fixing this would be much appreciated.

David
BillP
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What operating system are using and what was the error message?
DLD-UK

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Installation failing due to lack of partition Reply with quote

Sorry I should have said both of those. The error message is "Error 1327 Invalid Drive :\O"
I'm running XP/SP2 with all the latest hot fixes etc.

David
BillP
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't encountered this error before, but it's probably caused by an invalid value in the regsitry.

Searching the forum for "1327" found this:
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=39485&highlight=1327

Searching Microsoft.com for "error 1327":
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;327763
DLD-UK

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:51 am    Post subject: Installation failing due to lack of partition Reply with quote

Bill,

Thanks so much for that. I can't believe that such a stupid error exists but the registry does maintain a location for "templates" in

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders use valid drive letters

which if it doesn't exist causes the OpenOffice installation to fail. Given that this is a Microsoft key value you would think that changing partition drive letters in Windows would update the value, but it doesn't. But then it is Microsoft Smile

David
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: