OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Happy user

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wilkat1
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Happy user Reply with quote

Perhaps I'm a bit naive, but I've been very happy with recent developments in OOo over the last several weeks. OOo 2.3, free StarOffice, and the extension repository seem like moves in the right direction. Making the OxygenOffice extras and StarOffice templates available to the OOo community as well as the DirectX Impress extension (which seems to make my presentations work much better under Windows) make OOo feel far more professional and viable.

I hate to keep harping on it, but we really need "Presenter View" in Impress. If I knew the first blasted thing about code, I would get to work on an extension for that myself; but alas, I am too ignorant to help. But I would be willing to test it should anyone choose to develop it.

Bottom line: I've been a happy OOo user for a long time now, and I'm even happier lately.
9point9

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that 2.3 has been very important. The extensions repository does work and people are definitely using it. I've been looking at the download stats for my OOoSVN project and they've gone up sharply since 2.3 was released.

OOoSVN, change control for OOo documents:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ooosvn/
acknak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
... we really need "Presenter View" in Impress.

This was planned to be released with 2.3, but since it is being developed as an extension, it does not have to be coordinated with the OOo releases. I guess it is running a bit late, but it should be making an appearance RSN.
wilkat1
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

acknak wrote:
Quote:
... we really need "Presenter View" in Impress.

This was planned to be released with 2.3, but since it is being developed as an extension, it does not have to be coordinated with the OOo releases. I guess it is running a bit late, but it should be making an appearance RSN.

That's great news! Thanks for letting me know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: