OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Problems with table to ext conversion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nickmel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Problems with table to ext conversion Reply with quote

I have a table which is bold in column 1 and normal in column2. When I convert to text everything becomes bold.

Is there a solution to this? Word gets it OK but open office doesn't
Nick
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I presume you are doing Table > Convert > Table to Text where I get the same result.

This is a workaround. At the bottom of the screen where the page number shows up you should see STD. Click this until it become BLK for block. Then select column 2 and click the B to turn off bold.
nickmel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Thank you. Yes it works Reply with quote

Yes this does work. But I have to click on B first to make column 2 bold. Then click on the B again to make column 2 back to normal. Then convert.

Also seems as if once you have done this to a table it always works that way (if you convert back and do the conversion again). Very curious. But thank you very much for this work around. I am curious about what these things at the bottom of the page do if you have time to chat. But the main message is thanks!
Nick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: