OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Conditional Formatting broken after reloading file

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ImmovableObject

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:30 am    Post subject: Conditional Formatting broken after reloading file Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm trying to use conditional formatting on multiple sheets, and it works until I save the file and subsequently reload it. Then the relative cell references in the formula have been changed.

I have a column of numbers in C5:C30 and in D5:C30 I have some values when the corresponding values in C are negative:
Code:

C           D
Row 5      300
Row 6     
Row 7     -200     $60.40
Row 30   -100     $50.00

I want the D cells to be shaded when the C value is empty (0) or positive. Call this format FormatShaded. When the user puts in a negative value into a C cell, then immediately I want the D cell to have default format.

Further, I have 60 worksheets that I want to apply this to. So I selected all those worksheets, selected D5:D30 with the cell D5 with the last mouse click. Then for the conditional formatting I put Formula Is: C5>=0 (I also tried $C5>=0) and Cell Style: FormatShaded. Everything looks great, it works fine.

But then I save the file. Later I reload it. Many of the worksheets look broken. Looking at the conditional format for cell D5 in one of those sheets for instance shows that the Formula Is: has changed to F9>=0

What am I doing wrong???
Strangely, I've done similar conditional formats in the same spreadsheet and they seem to work!

Thanks for your help.
-Immovable
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: