OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Sub-documents on a separate page

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
heavy
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:59 am    Post subject: Sub-documents on a separate page Reply with quote

I have a master document with several sub-documents. I would like to have one of the sub-documents start on a separate page. I assumed that I could edit the section (i.e., link) properties and just tell it to start on a separate page. No such luck.

The only option I have found is to insert "text" into the master document and then insert a page break into this text section. The major downside of this approach is that inserting a page break moves the current empty line down to the beginning of the next page and then my section starts directly after the empty line.

My hack to deal with this, is to make the font size for the empty line really small, so that it doesn't take up much space.

There has to be a better way. Does anybody have any other ideas?

Thanks.
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With your cursor in the 1st paragraph of the sub-doc do Format > Paragraph > Text Flow tab and put a check in Enable in the Breaks section.
heavy
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Sub-documents on a separate page Reply with quote

Ahh, that works.

Although, in truth I think it would make more sense if this type of formatting was done at the master document level, since I may re-use the sub-document in another master document and not want it to be on a separate page...but this works for the time being.

Thanks a lot.

JohnV wrote:
With your cursor in the 1st paragraph of the sub-doc do Format > Paragraph > Text Flow tab and put a check in Enable in the Breaks section.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: