OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Calculate square occupied by shapes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Draw
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hgnet
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:20 am    Post subject: Calculate square occupied by shapes Reply with quote

Dear colleagues,

I currently use OO Draw to evaluate real estate. Therefor I cover plans (scans) with shapes (rectangles, triangles, trapezoid) and then set the measurements in relation to reality to calculate manually the square of, e.g., a room.

Does anyone know a function, add-on etc. to calculate the square covered by some shape (maybe even of free-hand drawings -- rooms are not always rectangular . . .) automatically?

Thanks,
Herbert
acknak

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no such function in OOo. You might ask over on the Macros & API forum, although I think for anything other than the simplest case (a sum of rectangular areas), this is going to require a clever algorithm.

PS: Actually, the construction of the algorithm must be very clever, but the actual code for the calculation itself is very simple! See, e.g. this thread: http://valis.cs.uiuc.edu/~sariel/research/CG/compgeom/msg00824.html, and follow-up answers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Draw All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: