OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

snippet manager

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fxp
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: snippet manager Reply with quote

Hi,

I have heard a software called docbuilder (commercial, based on msOffice I think) which can display a list of snippets (formated text) to be easily inserted whereever you want in any document.

1) Does anyone know of such a plugin for ooo: something like a sidebar with a tree and the list of existing paragraphs which can be chosen by simple click.

Thanks for any hint.

Fran├žois
foxcole
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: snippet manager Reply with quote

Fxp wrote:
I have heard a software called docbuilder (commercial, based on msOffice I think) which can display a list of snippets (formated text) to be easily inserted whereever you want in any document.

1) Does anyone know of such a plugin for ooo: something like a sidebar with a tree and the list of existing paragraphs which can be chosen by simple click.

Thanks for any hint.

I don't know of anything that elaborate, but a clipboard manager might be able to get you very close to what you want. I use the ClipGuru clipboard manager for Windows (because I can run it easily from a USB flash drive). This allows you to collect, organize and store clips and images, as well as to combine them either as you capture them or later from the saved clips, and even add notes.

ClipBuru is freeware. The user interface is not pretty, but the program functions very well. However, I don't know whether it supports other languages than English... but at least it might give you some idea of what is possible with clipboard managers.

WinXP Pro SP2, OOo Portable 2.3.1, OOo local 2.4 RC4
New OpenOffice forum: http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/
Manuals: http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/index.html
Fxp
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: or an autotext tree viewer Reply with quote

Thank you Foxcole,

I will give a try to your software, which might be interesting because I often switch from ms-office to ooo.

What I was considering was more an extension of the autotext tool: a sidebar tree to see all the autotext, and maybe there different versions. All these snippets need absolutely to keep there formatting (font color, alignement, titles, bullet lists...) I have checked the autotext: fields from the data source can also be used.

I download clipguru to check up to where it can carry me.

Thanks again for the tip.

Fran├žois
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: