OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

disabling spell feature

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress
View previous topic :: View next topic  
notageek

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: disabling spell feature Reply with quote

Does anyone out there know how to disable the damn spell feature? I will be going along typing the word Jan (which is my name) and it types January. Or cat...and it types cattle. I've been forced to use this program and I hate it.
8daysaweek.co.uk
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have posted in the Impress forum and things behave slightly differently (as they should) depending on which component you're using.

In Impress I don't get the behaviour you describe, however I do in Writer (Text Document)

What you describe isn't exactly a "spell feature", I think you're describing Automatic Word Completion. To switch off Automatic Word Completion:
Tools > AutoCorrect / AutoFormat > Word Completion tab remove the check (tick) from "Enable word completion" .

Alternatively you can press Esc or delete when the remainder of the word is still highlighted in blue ("uary" or "tle" in your examples).

HTH,
jgphpc

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: word completion Reply with quote

Hello,

I would like to use it under impress (as I am always typing the same words...) but it seems that there is no more checkbox to use...
My version is 2.2.0. DId I miss something ?

Thanks for your help
8daysaweek.co.uk
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think so. Word completion is a separate tab in Writer, but the feature doesn't seem to be included in Impress, although I admit I haven't hunted much.

The only thing I can suggest for now is typing in writer and Copy > Pasting to Impress Confused

BFN,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: