OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Is there an instruction guide on how to use Oprn Math??????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Math
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Math Baby

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 7:20 am    Post subject: Is there an instruction guide on how to use Oprn Math?????? Reply with quote

Does somebody have a begginers guide to this programme - it looks useful but i dont really know as i cant use it - thanks MB
ZCB

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 9:35 am    Post subject: Using OpenOffice Reply with quote

Unless you are using Mac OS X using OpenOffice is much like using Microsoft Office - just download it, install it, and then use it Very Happy .

You should find that it is much like any other word processor, and I would say it's most comparable to a cross between the pre-'97 (Word 5.0?) and 2000 versions of MS Word, with a look more like the former, and with functionality more like the latter.
ejm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:20 am    Post subject: OO Math manual Reply with quote

The Help for OO math is quite good. I copied it to another OO document, added two more columns in their example table and added sample command window text streams and in the next window actually entered the formula result.

I initially 'requested' the OO team modify OO math to more closely emulate MS formula editor, but after RTM, I'd sold on OO math. Much faster to type the commands using their markup tags (which are quite intuitive) and pasting the formula.

I build my math test using a table format for answer blank column, question number column and a math formula column. For my 'template' I add a row under each question where I type the commands to produce the formula, directly below the formula in the template. I can 'cut' this, move the cursor to the original formula cell, open the Math Fomula command window and paste it the formula. From here it is easy to modify the question for multiple versions of the same test.

Use 'save as' to save the new version. I include the file name in my header, so it is easy to track the file for future reference.

I also customized the side toolbar and added the Math Editor icon to make it readily available for use in any text document. (saved this as my 'default' writer template).
ftack

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On OOOdocs there are some small tutorials which are very good if you are starting to use OOo. There is one for math as well.

http://www.ooodocs.org/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Math All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: