OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Expand table row height to utilize remaining page height

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
il10o

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:49 am    Post subject: Expand table row height to utilize remaining page height Reply with quote

I am using a table to format content on a page. The table has a variable number of rows and may span multiple pages. The first five rows repeat across pages. I have one row at end of the table that I want to appear at the bottom of the last page. Is there a row height attribute (or the like) that I can set on one of the rows above this last row that says "expand the height of this row so the table takes up the remainder of the page".

As an alternative, I tried putting the information from the last row in the table in a frame with the anchor set to paragraph, and the vertical position set to bottom of page text area, and "follow text flow" checked. This does put the content at the bottom of the page following the table, but there are cases where the table fits on the first page and the additional content appears by itself on the next page, and so the five heading rows in the table are not replicated on the second page, even though the last row requires them. To work around that, I've tried putting the heading rows from the table in the document header, but this has other problems.

I can live with these approaches, if necessary, but I was just wondering if there was a simpler approach that I was overlooking. Also, I was wondering if the macro language is powerful enough so that I could write a macro that looks at the page height, the height of the table rows on the page and then either adds a row or sets the height of the next to the last row to the difference?
il10o

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:57 am    Post subject: More information Reply with quote

Before anyone suggests the obvious approach (i.e. manually expand the row height), I just wanted to mention that the document is created by an external application in the OpenOffice.org Writer ODT format. This application does not currently know anything about page heights or row heights (but I suppose it could, if necessary).
David
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: Expand table row height to utilize remaining page height Reply with quote

il10o wrote:
As an alternative, I tried putting the information from the last row in the table in a frame with the anchor set to paragraph,

I have no idea really, but a quick look doing that same thing, but anchoring as a character seems to work for me. I dragged it to the bottom of the page, then when a table was inserted, it seemed to continue to the bottom of the last page as the table was expanded.

David.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: