OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Is it possible...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imalargemess

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Is it possible... Reply with quote

Is it possible to convert my open office documents to Microsoft documents via command line.

Basically, my problem is that I have a lot of open office documents currently on my computer and I want to make them all available to me when I'm at collage so by uploading them to the internet, this solves this, except the fact that they are all in the open office format, which is quite problematic. So, instead of converting each file individually (which I do not want to do), seeing as I have quite a few and I want to have the originals kept in the open office format, I was wondering if there was a way to convert each file via command line?

Thanks very much in advance

I'm sorry if this is the wrong section, I wasn't sure where to post and I saw a similar post about converting to pdf here so I thought this would be the best place.
probe1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

make use of the SEARCH function: i get 68 hits on "convert commandline"
DateTime2 extension: insert date, time or timestamp, formatted to your needs
imalargemess

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have you find that I did, maybe I didn't search thouroughly, as I could only find poor results, I shall try again and I can assure you that I am definitely not going to find what I want...

EDIT -> I have now searched, found nothing like I said I would, I searched the first 3 pages in the search (out of 90, and I'm not going to search all of them!). There is a lot about conversion, although nothing about converting via command line. If you found anything that I missed, please tell me and I will admit I was wrong and I will apologise, although seriously, I think you will find nothing I think you need to get your sources correct before flaming people. Also, I am sorry for flaming you, I just don't like being told to do something that I already did...
hol.sten
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imalargemess wrote:
I could only find poor results

Is this one of the poor results you found?
How to convert Word -> PDF from the command line: http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=3772

It explains how to convert documents via command line. You have to change is the filter name at the "storeToURL" command. See this list for valid filter names: http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Framework/Article/Filter/FilterList_OOo_2_1. In my opinion "MS Word 97" should suit your needs instead of "writer_pdf_Export". And you should change the extension which is used in "cFile" from ".pdf" to ".doc". Otherwise MS Word might complain about your converted documents. What you don't have to change is the "loadComponentFromURL" command. You can use there exactly the same command for loading ODT, DOC and even ODS and XLS.
imalargemess

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did see that yes, although I did not understand how to use that and make it into .doc format, but thankyou very much for helping, I really do appreciate it. Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: