OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Referencing to bibliography twice with same reference name?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Epikuros

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:12 am    Post subject: Referencing to bibliography twice with same reference name? Reply with quote

In bibliography database I have the following short names:
Davidson 2005
Smith 2005

Now I want to do the following in the text (and exactly that):
Davidson (2005) says, but Smith (2005) argues that

So I want to change the two bibliography entries to 2005. Every reader knows to look from Davidson 2005 and Smith 2005 at the bibliography but apparently openoffice built-in biblio doesn't. It won't let me modify to 2005 a second time.

Does bibus allow this?

I know bibus would be a better alternative but I'm lazy and try to do it with built-in bibliography.

--
Epikuros
jrkrideau
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:34 am    Post subject: Re: Referencing to bibliography twice with same reference na Reply with quote

Epikuros wrote:
In bibliography database I have the following short names:
Davidson 2005
Smith 2005

Now I want to do the following in the text (and exactly that):
Davidson (2005) says, but Smith (2005) argues that

So I want to change the two bibliography entries to 2005. Every reader knows to look from Davidson 2005 and Smith 2005 at the bibliography but apparently openoffice built-in biblio doesn't. It won't let me modify to 2005 a second time.

Does bibus allow this?

I know bibus would be a better alternative but I'm lazy and try to do it with built-in bibliography.

--
Epikuros

I have not used the biblio component since I discovered bibus but I don't think that it can do it. The last time I checked I don't think that bibus can do it either. However if is not too difficult to create a macro to do this if I remember correctly. Now if I could just find where I put it. Rolling Eyes

Another approach would be to give mortenalver's JabRef plug-in if you have or can convert your references to bibtex. I have not used it yet for serious work but it looks pretty good in a couple of tests that I have tried and if does full Oxford/Harvard style referencing which I think is what you want. http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=67604&highlight=jabref
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: