OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

[Solved] Use of "Master View" in Draw (quite usefu

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Draw
View previous topic :: View next topic  

I also need the "Master View" and it's functionality explained in more details !
Yes
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Don't even know what a "Master View" is in Draw
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 5

marwerno
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject: [Solved] Use of "Master View" in Draw (quite usefu Reply with quote

I use draw for quite a while for basic drawings and are quite happy with it.
Now I need to make a multi page price list which will require a background, ideally different for odd and even pages.
O.k. most people now will suggest Writer, BUT I will need to include technical drawings, plus I intend to include Calc tables which will link to a price list and I need to have the layer feature to hide the prices for some printouts and/ or some products for some customers. (I would print them out on Paper or PDF so I can redistribute them easily)
I understand how I can use the Master view to create items that will appear on all pages. I also can create a second master page with a different background. But how do I actually apply this second master page to a particular page Question

Last edited by marwerno on Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:07 am; edited 2 times in total
marwerno
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idea
OK I actually found the answer myself. But if you have a look at the posting time, this took me quite a number of hours to find (Plus the time before I actually posted my question in the forum)

O.k. Here is how it goes:

- Select Under "View" -> "Master"

- Now you see the Master view of the page

- An extra Toolbar would have popped up with the option for "New Master" (slide), "Delete Master" (slide), "Rename Master" (slide) and "Close Master View"

- Add as many Master pages and modify them to your hearts content

- Close the "Master view" (On toolbar "Close Master View")

- Right click anywhere on the page (NOT the Page preview on the left!) without anything selected and select "Page" -> "Slide Design"

- Select whichever Master Design you require

VOILA finished!

Hope this helps some other people out there!
marwerno
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I work with it, the more I uncover myself... (Or maybe it is just in the newer versions of OO?)
In the status bar on the bottom you can also see which Master template is assigned to the page. If you right click on this you can also select from the available Master templates. Much quicker than my previous solution Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Draw All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: