OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Font changing using open office api
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API
View previous topic :: View next topic  
charlesvc
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:19 am    Post subject: Font changing using open office api Reply with quote

Hi Experts

May I know how can we change the font of word document before converting the document to pdf.

or Is it possible to convert word document to image using open office api in java.

Thanking you
Charles v c
hol.sten
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:44 am    Post subject: Re: Font changing using open office api Reply with quote

charlesvc wrote:
May I know how can we change the font of word document before converting the document to pdf.

This is described in the OOo Developer's Guide. Now available online as the OOo Developer's Guide Wiki:
- Formatting text documents: http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/Text/Formatting (http://api.openoffice.org/docs/DevelopersGuide/Text/Text.xhtml#1_3_2_Formatting)
Although this will most likely not solve your FontException problem.

charlesvc wrote:
Is it possible to convert word document to image using open office api in java.

This has been discussed here (although the solution is not purely OOo API): http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=27359&highlight=word+image+convert
charlesvc
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:11 am    Post subject: Font replacing Reply with quote

Hi hol.sten,

How are you, hope you fine. How is work and life going on your part of world.

I asked about how to replace the font while converting word document to pdf. In writer application there is one option for replacing font. That option how can we access through java.

Thanking you
Charles v c
hol.sten
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: Font replacing Reply with quote

charlesvc wrote:
I asked about how to replace the font while converting word document to pdf.

The question "... change the font of word document before converting ..." sounded more like before than whilst to me.

charlesvc wrote:
In writer application there is one option for replacing font. That option how can we access through java.

Are you talking about the font replacement table, that can be changed through "Tools" > "Options..." > "OpenOffice.org" > "Fonts"? Honestly, I've never used it and I have not the slightest clue how to use it and how to use it from Java. And I'm not sure if the font replacement table has any effect to the PDF export.
charlesvc
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:57 am    Post subject: Font Replacing Reply with quote

Hi

I am asking how can we access through java, if you don;t know please be idle, and pave the way for answering to other experts.

Thanking you
Charles v c
hol.sten
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: Font Replacing Reply with quote

charlesvc wrote:
I am asking how can we access through java, if you don;t know please be idle, and pave the way for answering to other experts.

Due to the fact that this thread didn't get too much answers I thought it might be useful to tell you, which points of your questions hadn't been that clear. But if you prefer to get no answers at all, keep posting the way you do. You're on the right way.
charlesvc
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:33 am    Post subject: Font replacing Reply with quote

Holsten,

I am not telling you in harsh, but you know you are my friend.

but i need a solution, that no one can give, holsten can u atleast tell me
what all constant values like writer_pdf_export and FilterName the propertyvalue in ooo can have. I have seen once mr.danny posted it but now i couldn't find
pls help me out in this issue.
charlesvc
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:41 am    Post subject: Encoding in word document Reply with quote

Hol.sten,

can u suggest how can i set the encoding Ansi instead of built-in before converting word to pdf.

you see in pdf properties fonts-encoding there it seems builtin
so how can we set the property value so that the encryption would be ansi.

If you don;t know the answer i have one request can u forward to personnel like danny.

Thanking you
Charles v c
hol.sten
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: Font replacing Reply with quote

charlesvc wrote:
what all constant values like writer_pdf_export and FilterName the propertyvalue in ooo can have. I have seen once mr.danny posted it but now i couldn't find
pls help me out in this issue.

I'm not sure, but if you're looking for the filter name list, you'll find it here: http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Framework/Article/Filter/FilterList_OOo_2_1

Or are you looking for other PDF filter settings that I have described here: [Java example] Pdf export with filter data: http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=1804
charlesvc
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:49 am    Post subject: Font Replacing Reply with quote

Holsten ,

Thank you very much!

you know you gave me a well-riched resource, now you are a master.

Thanking you
Charles v c
charlesvc
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:56 am    Post subject: Font Reply with quote

Holsten,

You gave me filter values, can you route me to the list of propertyValue.names like hidden, filtername.

Why i am asking you know, if there is one name for font i can research on that.

Thanking you
Charles v c
charlesvc
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:28 am    Post subject: writer closing Reply with quote

Holsten,

I have one more query. what happened is- when i run my java code to convert word to pdf it is not closing the writer instance so i have to end the process in task manager manualy otherwise the very next time i run my progrm it won';t convert word to pdf as the document is already open.

Can you suggest one solution for this from java.

Thanking you
Charles v c
hol.sten
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: Font Reply with quote

charlesvc wrote:
can you route me to the list of propertyValue.names like hidden, filtername.

Yes I can. The interface XStoreable provides storeToURL() and storeAsURL(). There you can see, that the possible property values belong to the MediaDescriptor: http://api.openoffice.org/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/document/MediaDescriptor.html
charlesvc
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:50 am    Post subject: Dividing of html pages Reply with quote

Hi Holsten,

How are you Holsten!

I have some more queries:- is it possible to convert word document each page to image using openoffice from java.

Also while i convert word doc to html, the whole document was in one html page. Can you tell me how can i set the property value in java so that i will get each word document page as separate html page or how can we convert the huge html into html pages.

Thanking you
charles v c
charlesvc
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:17 am    Post subject: Doc Stream Reply with quote

Hi Hol.sten,

May I know how can we retrieve the document stream using Xinputstream and how to use property value XinputStream.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: