OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

strikethrough

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mick T

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject: strikethrough Reply with quote

I LOST MICROSOFT WORD AFTER A VIRUS ATTACK AND NOW HAVE OPEN OFFICE.ORG2.3.

I HAVE GONE THROUGH "HELP" A NUMBER OF TIMES BUT CANNOT FIND OUT WHERE STRIKETHROUGH CAN BE ACCESSED.

THAT IS PLACING A LINE THROUGH THE MIDDLE OF CHARACTERS SO THAT THEY MAY STILL BE READ.

COULD SOMEONE HELP OUT THANKS
keme

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:19 am    Post subject: Re: strikethrough Reply with quote

Mick T wrote:
I LOST MICROSOFT WORD AFTER A VIRUS ATTACK AND NOW HAVE OPEN OFFICE.ORG2.3.

I HAVE GONE THROUGH "HELP" A NUMBER OF TIMES BUT CANNOT FIND OUT WHERE STRIKETHROUGH CAN BE ACCESSED.

THAT IS PLACING A LINE THROUGH THE MIDDLE OF CHARACTERS SO THAT THEY MAY STILL BE READ.

COULD SOMEONE HELP OUT THANKS
A shift key on your keyboard seems to be stuck. Try pressing and releasing both shift keys, and shake your keyboard if it's not the integrated type (laptop).
(Reading ALL UPPERCASE TEXT is tiring to most people.)

AFAIK, there's no keyboard shortcut for strikethrough. Select the Character... item on the Format or context menu, then select the Font effects tab. There's a selection of strikethrough options available. (Note that if you will save as MS Word format, the export to ".doc" will convert any overstrike to the single line type.)
BillP
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My "Help" gives three ways to access Strikethrough.

1. Strikethrough;characters: open context menu, select Style > Strikethrough.
    2. Strikethrough;font effects: Format > Character > Font Effects tab.
    3. Strikethrough;font effects: Format > Styles and Formatting - open context menu of an entry and choose Modify/New > Font Effects tab
Mick T

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: strikethrough Reply with quote

Sincere thanks to those who provided advice re strikethrough which I have now successfully used.

I apologise to anyone offended by upper case use which is a bad habit I am trying to get out of and you all have the same view of this as my wife.

Thanks again

Mick T from Australia
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: