OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Table toolbar refuses to show up...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hansdezwart

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: Table toolbar refuses to show up... Reply with quote

Hello all,

I have just installed Ubuntu 8.04 on a new laptop (taking my home directory with me from an old laptop) and I am having a small (but irritating) problem with OOo Writer: the table toolbar does not want to show up.

When the cursus is in the table and I go to View -> Toolbars then OOo says that the table toolbar should be there, except it is nowhere to be seen. When I unclick it nothing changes, neither when I then click it again.
All other toolbars do not have this problem and show fine. This is the case in any document that I open, even in completely new ones.
I can use the table toolbar functionality by adding the buttons to another toolbaar, but this kind of defeats the problem.

Googling for other people with this problem lead me nowhere. Does anybody else have the same problem. I am overlooking something easy?

Here is some more information about my configuration:
My old laptop (of which I might have taken some configuration through my home directory) ran Ubuntu 7.10 with Open Office.org 2.3, this current laptop runs Ubuntu 8.04 with Open Office.org 2.4.

I really hope somebody can shed some light!

Kind regards,

Hans de Zwart
hansdezwart

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Find a solution (kind of) Reply with quote

I tried using Writer from a different (new) user account and the problem wasn't there. I then deleted all the openoffice.org setting in my home directory (or actually renamed them) and now the problem has gone.

I am not sure what all was stored with the settings, I guess I will find out...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: