OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Check Boxes moving

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Francis
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 4:41 am    Post subject: Check Boxes moving Reply with quote

Hi

I have placed a number of check boxes on a spreadsheet and when I enter data in other areas the check boxes move. When I take a look at the Page Preview they look fine, but while working on the sheet they have moved towards the top of the screen. So far I have -

Anchored the check boxes to the cell
Protected their position and size
Set the row heights rather than leave them at Default Value

But every time I enter data they move again.

My last thought was to group all of the check boxes together, but I thought I would check the Forum first.

Francis[/list]
somewhereinusa
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having the same problem, I noticed it when I zoom, the check box is no longer in the right row. Going back to 100% moves then even farther out of line
Francis
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have subsequently discovered the same thing. As long as I keep the screen at a specific zoom percentage everything is OK, otherwise the boxes just up and/or down the screen. Very odd.
Villeroy
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Form controls are attached to a separate layer. You can link them to spreadsheet cells, but their original appointment is to be linked with fields of real databases. When you try to create "forms" in spreadsheets you are better off with the original tools provided by the spreadsheet.
Use formatted cells (true/false) instead of check boxes and list-validation instead of list boxes, combo boxes or option groups. Use formatted cells with HYPERLINK formulas instead of buttons. This way your "form controls" are cells and they behave just like cells while providing a lot of dynamic properties such as dynamic list validation and composed hyperlinks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: