OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Help the Noob

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aborders79

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject: Help the Noob Reply with quote

Hi,

I am using OOo on a Windoze machine; but that's not why I'm here. I am a writer looking to set up a webpage to market my work. I'd like to be able to market things in ebook format which PDF is a part of. However, I'd also like to make these things as secure as possible. So my question is this...if I export my docs into PDF and then put them up on my website is there a way to encrypt them so that visitors to my website need a password to open them? Barring that is there a way to limit the number of transfers or downloads a user gets?

I know its somewhat strange to talk about DRM type stuff in an open source forum, but please keep the hazing to a minimum.

Thanks,

~A
floris_v

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, to make a long story short, this isn't at all related to OOo. With some luck somebody who isn't an OOo monomaniac may know a solution for your problem, but you should really try a forum about security issues on websites.
Important hint: try to make your title informative.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: