OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

One Simple Question. Its possible to have OOBase + MySQL +..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daniel71
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: One Simple Question. Its possible to have OOBase + MySQL +.. Reply with quote

Hi,

As a result of the publish of OO 2.4 where was fixed the relationship issue in MySQL (see http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=68858) I was trying to test this feature, to be able to design relationships inside OOBase.

I wonder if somebody has already tested this feature, 'cause when I'm trying with:
-MYSQL(JDBC) driver -> Doesn't work
-MYSQL native driver -> "The database does not support relations" error message

Regards,

Daniel
r4zoli
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found same problem, MySQL(JDBC), an empty error message box came up (file with earlier created relations), and when I try to add new tables and relations, not creating relations. Native driver in early stage it only for testing, not for every day use, not working for me, too.
JDHeinzmann
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Here is some more detail on the subject Reply with quote

Here is a thread that doesn't completely answer the question, but it does struggle with the problem in quite a bit of detail and gives some insights, especially in and around this post: Doesn't work with JDBC either.

I have learned to live without managing MySQL relationships from Base. I use MySQL tools like MySQL Workbench and/or MySQL Administrator instead. I have not tried this with OOo 2.4 yet. I am waiting 'til June 1 for 2.4.1.

MySQL 5.0.45-community-nt, OOo 2.3.1, MySQL ODBC 5.1.5, Windows 6.0 SP1.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: