OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Imported dxf pictures doesn't apear right

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grandis
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Imported dxf pictures doesn't apear right Reply with quote

I use pspice (an old electric cad program) to export files as dxf so that I later can import the file(s) in OO.

I have no idea if there is possible to upload a sample file somewhere so other can try to import it. Using irfanview, the file appears right and that suggest that it's OO that cannot show the picture properly.
There is no such problems with emf files or other usual picture formats.

Sure if there was any way to go around, that would be the best, but I don't want to use print screen because that gives not smooth lines on printed paper. And because it's an old version of pspice, dxf is the only format I can export to.

This is what it looks like when it's imported into oo Writer:

Two thing is obviously wrong here:
* The text whitin the blue and green boxes should be centered in the box, both horisontaly and verticaly. In most cases, all the text stay in their box.
* The battery symbol on either sides does have a label. This label is gone here, that is OO has somehow cropped the picture. This error seems to occur everytime where I have a label that is more far to either side than any other kind of object.

Open the same file in irfanview, it looks like this:

As you can see, it's not perfect. But at least the text is keept inside the boxes, ant you can see the labels at either sides.

[edit]
Just come over a dxf article from wikipedia where Open Office isn't in the list over "Software which supports DXF".

Use OO version 2.40
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: