OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

mdb - Syntax error in SQL expression

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flyeng4

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject: mdb - Syntax error in SQL expression Reply with quote

I have set up an ODBC connection in Ubuntu to two different Microsoft Access Databases; testprojlist.mdb and test1.mdb. One is a list of projects and project numbers (testprojlist.mdb). The other is just a test with two fields named 'hello' (test1.mdb). I can open the test1.mdb and edit fields with no problem. When I open testprojlist.mdb to edit it gives the error 'Syntax error in SQL expression'. There seems to be some microsoft line feed issues or something.

You can download a screenshot of the problem here:
http://www.adrive.com/public/1e1f5d8d702932459b68db22dbf39adc29a8b9a4290a725c2dd43a1ea22fa3e6.html
Here is a screen shot when the error pops up:
http://www.adrive.com/public/ebf118be1a3e15fca953564dfb382b21789fc6228a920e600d793c6e1871f119.html

Any Ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Bill
r4zoli
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ODBC connection to mdb files in linux environment very unusable, unstable and the development is abandoned, much of the distributions not included, but Debian and Ubuntu use them.

Try Ubuntu lists.
Or under win connect to mdb and create new file and copy all tables to new odb file and that use under Ubuntu.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: