OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Controls with the .xls format

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sinuouser

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:11 am    Post subject: Controls with the .xls format Reply with quote

Hello!

I'm trying out the OOo package, and I'm liking it so far, there's a number of smaller issues like that I would like tooltips that shows the syntax
of the function and the parameter you're currently modifying and stuff.

Now, there's one problem I've run across that I would like to know if it's solvable, or if it's just the current way OOo saves in the .xls format.

Problem:
----------
In my spreadsheet (originally an excel spreadsheet) I have a number of push buttons
these buttons have graphics on them, and are tied to one macro function each (now,
the macro doesn't work either due to the Get basic command not existing, but that's another problem)

If I save the file as an .xls file, it discards the button graphics as well as the events associated with the button.

If I start a new document in calc and add a push button and an image button for example, the image button dissapears completely after
saving it as an .xls and loading it again, the push button is "only" emptied of any graphics and events.

My document will have to be opened in excel as well as calc, so the .xls format would be preferable.

So, my question is, is there a workaround? Is this a known issue? Anything else? Wink

Thanks in advance for any help!

/Rickard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: