OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Sound & Multiple slides in Impress

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rosco39

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Sound & Multiple slides in Impress Reply with quote

As I am new to this forum excuse me if this question has been answered many times.
In an Impress presentation I wish to play an inserted sound file over multiple slides. I can do it in Powerpoint but what is the best way to do it in Impress ?
Can anyone help ?
rosco39

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Sound & Multiple slides in Impress Reply with quote

I should have known there would be a reply to my query somewhere in the forum so I will answer myself. I can do it using the Slide Transition > sound> other sound method listed by one of members. In case there is another newbie I list it here;
Adding a music file that will play over several slides

1) File > New > Presentation > Create (new presentation with all default settings)

2) Panel at right: Slide Transition > Modify Transition > Sound = "apert" (fourth in the drop down list)
You should hear a short (~2s) sound at this point, as the effect is "previewed". If you don't hear it, try the "Play" button at the bottom of the Slide Transition panel. If that doesn't work, then OOo is not able to play sounds and you have to fix that before proceeding.
3) Slide Transition > Modify Transition > Sound = "Other sound" > (select your long music file).
You may or may not hear the preview for this, it depends on whether your music file has a quiet leader at the beginning. If the audio starts right away, you should hear it. If the audio starts after 1-2s of silence, you won't hear anything.
4) Click "Slide show" (bottom of the Slide Transition panel) or F5.
You should hear the music start. It will continue to play even after you advance to the next slide (which is the black "End of show" screen. Advance again to end the show and the music should stop.
duongmc

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Sound & Multiple Slides in Impress Reply with quote

Hello,

I'd like to ask which sound files are used under other sound. I tried to use an mp3 file but none is highlighted. So I convert to .wav format but it doesn't work either. I'd appreciate receiving any feedback on this issue. Many thanks in advance.
rosco39

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Sound & Multiple Slides in Impress Reply with quote

duongmc wrote:
Hello,

I'd like to ask which sound files are used under other sound. I tried to use an mp3 file but none is highlighted. So I convert to .wav format but it doesn't work either. I'd appreciate receiving any feedback on this issue. Many thanks in advance.

I have been able to insert midi, mp3 and wav files. As the soud is inserted there is a brief sound to say it has been inserted.
From my brief experience the sound is only available when the slideshow is activated.
I don't hear anything if I click the PLAY button in the slide transition.
duongmc

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Other sound in impress Reply with quote

Thank you rosco for your assistance.
riki
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:35 am    Post subject: Re: Sound & Multiple slides in Impress Reply with quote

rosco39 wrote:
I should have known there would be a reply to my query somewhere in the forum so I will answer myself. I can do it using the Slide Transition > sound> other sound method listed by one of members. In case there is another newbie I list it here;
Adding a music file that will play over several slides

1) File > New > Presentation > Create (new presentation with all default settings)

2) Panel at right: Slide Transition > Modify Transition > Sound = "apert" (fourth in the drop down list)
You should hear a short (~2s) sound at this point, as the effect is "previewed". If you don't hear it, try the "Play" button at the bottom of the Slide Transition panel. If that doesn't work, then OOo is not able to play sounds and you have to fix that before proceeding. How can I fix OOo? If sound doesn't work, do I have an app missing? TIA
3) Slide Transition > Modify Transition > Sound = "Other sound" > (select your long music file).
You may or may not hear the preview for this, it depends on whether your music file has a quiet leader at the beginning. If the audio starts right away, you should hear it. If the audio starts after 1-2s of silence, you won't hear anything.
4) Click "Slide show" (bottom of the Slide Transition panel) or F5.
You should hear the music start. It will continue to play even after you advance to the next slide (which is the black "End of show" screen. Advance again to end the show and the music should stop.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: