OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

import links from spreadsheet to database forms
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RPG
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:29 am    Post subject: Handle images in OOo3.1 and higher Reply with quote

Hello

I do write this, there I have seen a lot of people read this thread. This post is special for people who use OOo3.1 and higher.

This post is written with the assumpting you use urls for the images

There is something changed in how OOo handles images. Now you can handle it without macros. I think all the macros you use and have take from this thread you don't need more. Maybe one macro you can need and that is for initing but I think you can do it when making a form.

When you avoid the macros you have to change the data field for the picture. The data field of the image control must now point to the field for the url. Since OOo3.1 the datafield for an image control can point to an url or to a binary field.

One important change is made. When you select now a picture it is relative to the database. This means if your pictures are in the same directory as the database then you need only the file name. For normal use it is not important but it can be important:
a) When you give a way the database to some one else
b) When you want relocate your database on the computer

You have not to change the old complete urls when you not change your datafield in the image control. It seems a complete url is handle correct.

If have read post from r4zoli and MSPhobe and they say you can use it with SRB 1.1
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=84921&sid=21b5a6a5c506a2d68ab122e8ea941725

Romke
ChatRoux

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Audio file hyperlinks in Tables Reply with quote

I have a similar problem except my hyperlinks are to .mp3 files which are on my system. What I need to do is to make a selection of these files according to some criterion and then play them using WMPlayer or PealPlayer by clicking on them. I can make it work with Access but I need to export the ExCel file with the hyperlink column to .htm and then import it to Access. Access appears to have a data category called "hyperlink" when you do the import and I cannot see this for base.

I looked at the macro solution given here for hyperlinks to pictures but it will require a lot of learning and I hoped there was a simpler method !!
RPG
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

I think it was better when you had started a new thread. This thread is only about pictures and not about starting a program or apllication..

Romke

REM ***** BASIC *****
' You need two controls in your form(document). They must be in the same form(as in navigator).
' One control is a text control and contains the pathname or url to the file.
' The second control is a button.
' The action is bound to the first event of the button control: Before commencing.
' The function can be aborted when the files does not exist.
' You have also change the properties of the button control.
' The action is :Open document/webpage.
' The small macro move the field value from the textbox to the button control url
function openurl(oEv as object)
'
dim oForm,oTextBox
oForm=oEv.source.model.parent
oTextBox=oForm.getbyname("TextBox")
if FileExists ( oTextBox.text) then
oEv.source.model.targeturl=oTextBox.text
openurl=true ' Do the programm when the file exists
else
openurl=false ' The file does not exist and do nothing
end if
'print convertfromurl(oTextBox.text)
End function

Last edited by RPG on Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:17 am; edited 2 times in total
ChatRoux

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:57 am    Post subject: OK we are on track Reply with quote

Romke
First thanks for the rapid response.
Second, I thought that an application (like FAX viewer) was being started to view the picture which was why I attached it to the same thread. Maybe I didn't completely understand. You can move it to a new post if you prefer it.

I am not quite sure how the "buttons" will work - when I do the search I get a variable length list of "recordings" - imagine the search being "all recordings of HeatBreak Hotel" and I need to be able to choose them and play them to hear what they are like. Then I can go and do another search "all versions of Blue Tango" (sorry my age is showing !!).

I must say that now I have taken some effort in looking into base, I think I could change to it, but the "url" method I can use in Access appears simpler, even with the tinkering required to make the table.

regards
Robin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: