OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum
 
 [Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

How do I add a trendline in Spreadsheet?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ma102ma
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 31 Mar 2004
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: How do I add a trendline in Spreadsheet? Reply with quote

i'd like to know how to do this, its a feature in MS Office, i need to test 3 different trendlines for linear, power and exponential curves
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dfrench
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 03 Mar 2003
Posts: 1605
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is also a feature in OOo. Select the series and format > object properties > statistics > regression curves. You will find this in the HELP by entering the word "Regression" .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guest






PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dfrench wrote:
It is also a feature in OOo. Select the series and format > object properties > statistics > regression curves. You will find this in the HELP by entering the word "Regression" .


EXcellent ,many thanks Smile Very Happy
Back to top
Guest






PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
dfrench wrote:
It is also a feature in OOo. Select the series and format > object properties > statistics > regression curves. You will find this in the HELP by entering the word "Regression" .


EXcellent ,many thanks Smile Very Happy


Also would like to know if there is a way to get the equation for the line like the one in MS Office?
Back to top
dfrench
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 03 Mar 2003
Posts: 1605
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at OOOMacros.org for a solution to this also a search on this forum would reveal 20 or so posts about this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vnuno
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Oct 2004
Posts: 1
Location: Spain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:51 am    Post subject: Re: How do I add a trendline in Spreadsheet? Reply with quote

There's a function within calc, called FORECAST. It's exactly to calculate a linear regression, or in other words, a trendline.

ma102ma wrote:
i'd like to know how to do this, its a feature in MS Office, i need to test 3 different trendlines for linear, power and exponential curves
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lacikae
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Nov 2004
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to ask,if there is a possibiliity to show an eguation in non linear regression (all types like in excel)
Thanks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dfrench
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 03 Mar 2003
Posts: 1605
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try a search before posting Smile
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1706
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group