OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Author information and modified date when exporting to PDF

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eisenbart
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:19 am    Post subject: Author information and modified date when exporting to PDF Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

I am very delighted with the PDF export feature offered by Open Office, but I still got two minor problems:

1. I don't know how to fill the author field of the PDF document properties. When I export to PDF, the title, subject and keywords are adopted from Writer- but where do I enter the name of the author?

2. When I export to PDF, the modified date is not specified. The corresponding field in the PDF properties is just left empty. What can I do?

Best regards,

Matthias
richardf
OOo Enthusiast
OOo Enthusiast

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. To enter the author in open office to get it in the pdf file:
tools -> options -> openoffice.org -> user data

2. I do not think that the pdf export of open office can put the modified date. You could use another pdf-export programme like PrimoPDF.

Richard
Eisenbart
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply, but unfortunately, it does not work! Sad The author information is lost when exporting to PDF.
richardf
OOo Enthusiast
OOo Enthusiast

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version are you using? I tried it in OOO3.0 Beta and author data is preserved in the PDF file.

Richard
dapper7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Usability Issue Reply with quote

There seem to be a usability problem with Openoffice.org, I am using v 2.4.1 on Linux

Why should one be entering the document author in the tools options user data dialog? the document author is not necessarily the user, such as when a web page is being tidied up for conversion to pdf, the user of OpenOffice.org may just need to have the actual article author's name in the author field both in the .odt and .pdf files.

The file properties description dialog should be the correct place to put the actual author's name, a field should be there for that, the application user data should be separate from the document author data, it could use the application user data if it can not get the author information from metadata of imported material as default and then you could change it to whatever you want.

If i am correct about this (not overlooking something)then this is an awful oversight from the development team, no other modern word processors behave this stupid, not even MS Word.

I believe you will have to press the top reset button in the file properties general dialog to get the newly entered user data in the author's field, changing the revision number of the document. make sure the apply user data check box is checked.

The author's name will appear at the end of the created: field like this example:

Created: 10/14/2008, 20:27:54, Author's Name,

very ugly indeed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: