OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Bundled python to standard system python

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wpliao

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Bundled python to standard system python Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'd really like to use the latest version of OOo, but my system is quite old (Fc6), so can't really find the latest version in the repository. I am not really ready to update the system (it's a long story...) so I have downloaded and tried installing the version from the website.

All works well except that I like to use Bibus with it as well, and due to the fact that the rpm version of the OOo has python bundled with it, and does not use the system python, Bibus doesn't work with it. I am stuck with this and spent well over 2 hours trying to find a solution, so I had to remove the new one and reinstall the old version...

Can anyone shed some light on how I can change the default behaviour of OOo from using its internal python to system python?

Much appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: