OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Four Report Builder bugs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldhawkeye

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Four Report Builder bugs? Reply with quote

I really like the power of Report Builder. It is finally getting close to M$ Access. However, in working with it I believe I found four bugs(?). One, how to group sum a column has a work around discussed previously. I have also found that assigning a Currency format puts a minus sign in front of the number even if not negative this can probably be solved with a custom format for a work around. Underlining a label does not always work. I don't know why and the only work around is to use the horizontal draw facility. Which reminds me of a fourth thing, I know of no way to increase the thickness of the horizontal line. The line format doesn't seem to change anything.
oldhawkeye

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Correction Reply with quote

Sorry, I misspoke in the above. The underline does not work for Bold. It looks OK on the build form, but not when executed. It becomes dotted bold.
dlindaman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Negative Currency Sign Reply with quote

I too am having trouble with the unwanted negative currency sign. Does anyone know a work around for this?
centipede

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Negative currency sign Reply with quote

Using the following format code works sometimes for getting positive numbers:

[$$]#,###.00;[$$]#,###.00

This worked for a field where I was totaling the giving data for each giver. Each individual gift was still negative, or had no decimal places.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: