OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Trouble with Impress notes view! Help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress
View previous topic :: View next topic  
metformin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Trouble with Impress notes view! Help! Reply with quote

Hi! I am a student trying to switch from powerpoint to openoffice. I have presentations in ppt format with notes taken on them using powerpoint's note box. The notes view that is default with impress does not work well for me because the slide has to be too small for me to see clearly if I want to see my notes. Is there some way I can make a reformat of the notes master that I can easily apply to all 49 of my old ppt files? Even better, is there some way to use openoffice or another such program that works in linux to preserve the notes view I am used to? I tried koffice, but it does not import powerpoint files and does not put the notes in its note box.

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!
dscammell

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:31 am    Post subject: Viewing Notes Reply with quote

Sure ... all you have to do is, within Impress, choose "View" from the drop-down menus, then "Master" and then "Notes master."

At this point, you can move things around as you desire. Increase the slide size, decrease it, move it to a different spot on the page, etc.

Additionally, instead if using printed notes, you can also try the Sun Presenter Console available on OOo's Extension site.
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/project/presenter-screen

This extension will allow you to see you notes on a screen, while your presentation is being projected (via projector, screen, etc.). A handy little tool!

The difference between OOo and PowerPoint is that you need to be on the Notes view to see the Speaker Notes. There is not a little box that will open on the Normal view. Views are notated by the selected tab of the main viewing window.

I hope this helps!
David
metformin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, so i've messed around a bit with the notesmaster page, and i think my issue is more that i don't want to have to change it individually on all my slides. Is there a way to permanently change the default notes view on impress without doing it to every individual file? Or is there a method to save a notesmaster template and just upload it to my files?

thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: