OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

New approach ? Add .stw to appear in Avery A4 Type dropdw

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sjd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:44 am    Post subject: New approach ? Add .stw to appear in Avery A4 Type dropdw Reply with quote

Well, maybe someone can help me figure this out. I have the doc template and know how to put fields in it, but labels doesn't work because of the lack of formatting options. So, I'd like to put the fields in the document and have them pull the data from the spreadsheet (there are six file folder tabs per page) and the format is a table. BTW I'm having trouble trying to do this in Word also. Primary issue is ability to select data source, fields, and have it print each record on an individual tab. Thanks in advance.

I am trying to avoid having to do this in word with the Avery extension. Avery emailed me the template doc for 5568 as an attachment. I opened it in OO and saved it as an stw file. Now I would like to be able to select it from the 'Type' drop down box that appears in the File-New-Labels window under Avery A4. Anyone know if it is possible/how to 'import' this template? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Last edited by sjd on Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bug
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you're attempting to do, is probably going to be difficult. In trying to alter the Labels lists, I was able to find a file called "Labels.xcu" inside /share/registry/schema/org/openoffice/Office. This file contains the Brand and Label info, but the info is stored as specifications in a long list. There are no individual templates, similar to those you can create for yourself in My Templates.

I was able to accomplish what I was trying to do, which was to remove labels from the list of those available. I'm skeptical that what you're trying to do, can be done with the same ease.

You can review that thread, in which I was discouraged from even trying to do what I eventually accomplished, here:

http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?p=299351

Maybe you will have some luck with your task even though I'm reporting to you discouraging news.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: