OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Migration, backup restore user settings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eduzs
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Migration, backup restore user settings Reply with quote

I want to migrate from ooo 2.4 to 3.0, but there's too much settings, words added in the dic/substitions list, macros, ... that I don'1 want to reocnfigure, reewrite, etc...
What I have to do?
Thanks
thomasjk
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you install V3.0 it will ask if want to keep 2.4 installed. You choice to keep it. V3 should migrate all of your settings automatically.
allisonmphd

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: custom menus & toolbars won't migrate to 3.0 Reply with quote

Hi. I had the same issue. I did keep version 2.4 and elected to transfer all settings automatically. But my customized menus and toolbars (writer) did not migrate. I put a lot of thought and effort into those, and was loath to undertake to replicate them.

So, here's what I did. I opened 2.4, made a change to the toolbar, then searched for any file modified within the past 5 minutes. I found a couple, and copied them to the comparable location in 3.0. The pertinent one, I believe, was: (...\Application Data\OpenOffice.org\3\user\config\soffice.cfg\modules\swriter\toolbar).

At first, I was so discouraged that I did not even recognize my own customized toolbar because of the new icons!

Best of luck!
Allison
accabrown
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject: finding lost icons etc Reply with quote

What I do is to compare the ...user/basic user/Scripts and user/config directory trees using the wonderful Windows utility beyond compare, and then synch up the new one with the old. This brings over all the personalisations that I care about (personalised toolbar icons are in a directory called Images)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: