OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Graphics OOo1.1 beta when saving as Word

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Liquidator
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 7:18 am    Post subject: Graphics OOo1.1 beta when saving as Word Reply with quote

I have recently prepared a letter with a scanned signature copied and pasted in OOo from another document.

When saved in .sxw format the signature is there when reopened. If saved in .doc format it disappears when reopened in OOo. There is just an empty box. However, when opened in Word, the signature is there!

I have all my MS import/output settings checked. Anyone else seen OOo do this? A reportable bug do you think or is there something I am doing wrong Question

Thanks

Ian Confused
Curtz
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, my experiences with Writer are not too good when it comes to objects.

Try pasting it into Writer again and choose paste special. What formats are available and what format is selected?

I tried to do what you did with a chart from Excel, copied into the clipboard as a bitmap. I worked as it should, 1.1beta.
The Liquidator
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Dear!

I've left my brain at home today!

I finally got it working with the "paste special" as a bitmap. However, that wasn't all I needed to do. The graphic was anchored in the original document "as character" and pasting into the document replicated that. Close the .doc file and reopen - gone again, faster than a magician's rabbit! Open the doc in Word, it's still there, make a minor change and save - it's there when repoened in OOo. Reverse the change in OOo and save then? Gone again!

I finally decided to change the anchor to "to paragraph", and all is now well. I can see it in both OOo and Word and in the right place in both. In fact, I had noted that "to paragraph" seemed to be the best option all round in the days of 5.2 and told lots of people on the SO forum to that effect. Should practice what I preach !

Thanks

Ian Smile
Curtz
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink
JZA
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that has to do with the Link instead of regular paste. Unfortunately Writer is not intelligent enough to guess if its preview from an external file or within.

More testing should be done.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: