OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

calc chart creation issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amplewaffle

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: calc chart creation issue Reply with quote

I have a spreadsheet with a date and item column. I receive about 8 different items in varying quantities each day. The spreadsheet tracks which item and how many arrive each day. I want a pie chart that shows me the overall percentage of those 8 items i receive in a month. In other words, for each month, of the total number of items recieved, what percentage of that total is item #1, #2, #3 and so forth. The trouble is every occurrence of each item is treated separately. Instead of a chart with 8 divisions, one for each item, I get a chart with about 180 because item #1 on tuesday and treated as a different entity than item #1on a friday. How do i get the calc chart to label the pie chart field based on the item names, and to calculate the total percentage of each item instead of treating each occurrence separately.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: