OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Correct Pagination on a Theatrical Script

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Serapium

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Correct Pagination on a Theatrical Script Reply with quote

Greetings,

I am a long time OOo user (but definitely NOT a programmer). My wife has written a play for out local community theater in OOo Writer that is 75 pages long. We need to print this out so that it creates the correct pagination for a half-page size 'book'. In other words, I need sheet #1 out of the printer to be page # 1 and Page # 75, page # 2 out of the printer to be page # 3 and page # 73, etc. I would then flip all the sheets (I assume) and reprint so that sheet # 1 out of the printer is page # 2 and page # 74, and so on.

How would one accomplish this in OOo?

Thanks for any help or advice that you can offer.

Patrick
Lifesaver2000
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure someone out there is better qualified to advise you, but until then I'll give it a try.

What you want is to print in "Brochure" mode. I have done this several times, but it is a voyage of discovery every time I do it.

First, assuming you are wanting to print your booklet to normal 8.5 by 11 inch paper, you first need to take the document and change the page format to portrait, 5.5 by 8.5 dimensions. You will probably want to alter the margins and the like at this time as well, and also change the page layout to "Mirrored." This allows you to set margins as Inner and Outer rather than as left and right.

Once this change is applied, and you are ready to print, you need to click on the "Options" button on the lower left of the Print dialog, and check the "Brochure" box. Also, set the printer properties to landscape mode. This should now produce a printout just like you wanted.

I usually print my documents to a file using PDFCreator (available on sourceforge.net) just to make sure everything is right without wasting any paper. Then, I just print the odd pages first, flip and print the even. I even have a deep-throat stapler for binding the booklets, which makes it really nice.

Someone else might have a better suggestion, possibly using the various page styles, that will be easier. Good luck.

M
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: