OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Editing Switch Board Extension
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
newvision
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject: Editing Switch Board Extension Reply with quote

I downloaded in installed the Switchboard extension. I am using OO.org 3.0. I created a AB and thought I could go in and edit the way it looked - background color, title font, etc. When i tried to edit it came up as a blank page. When I closed it and tried to open, all I got was a blank page.
QuazzieEvil
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can modify it as you would a typical Base form. the button size, button icons, label size, label font color must be edited via the wizard. in this example http://baseprogramming.com/Extensions/SwitchBoard_Icons.png the gray bar on the side and the title at the top were created separately in design view.
newvision
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: the screen is blank when Reply with quote

Thanks for getting back to me. The screen is blank when I try to edit it in design view.
Thanks
QuazzieEvil
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the menu entries are entered at runtime, so the form will be empty until you add items at design time. make sure you leave the required space for the buttons to be inserted, else your menu buttons will be on top of your edits.
newvision
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:23 am    Post subject: it's working Reply with quote

Thanks. I did not realize that it would be blank. I added some things and it looks great.
DrBones
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Switchboard Problem Reply with quote

Hello,

I installed the switchboard extension, edited the settings, added items and .png files, but I load the "switchboard" form, none of the icons/links are present. I've restarted oobase (and the quicklauncher) but I just can't seem to make the switchboard buttons work. Any advice would be appreciated.

OO 3.01 win XP Pro SP3

Thanks!

DrBones
sarasotadawg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Switchboard Problem Reply with quote

[
Same here. Using 3.01. Won't work with an xp machine or a Vista 64 bit system. Could be a bug in switchboard with the latest OO update.

quote="DrBones"]Hello,

I installed the switchboard extension, edited the settings, added items and .png files, but I load the "switchboard" form, none of the icons/links are present. I've restarted oobase (and the quicklauncher) but I just can't seem to make the switchboard buttons work. Any advice would be appreciated.

OO 3.01 win XP Pro SP3

Thanks!

DrBones[/quote]
RPG
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: switchboard tutorial Reply with quote

Hello

I can not tell a lot about switchboard.
But this tutorial about switch board can maybe tell more

The next text is insert later

Again and again it seems difficult for starters to work with Switchboard. I hope this help you for starting

When you want edit a form then you have not to bring the form in edit mode how you do it with a normal form but you bring a switchboard in edit mode with
menu --> Tools --> addons --> OpenOffice.org Base Swichboard

When you see an empty form when you start the form in edit mode then you start it in the wrong way, start it with
menu --> Tools --> addons --> OpenOffice.org Base Swichboard

When you have done this then you see a popup. In this popup you make your form for Swichboard.
In this popup you have to do the next steps.

You must select a database
then the mode : is a form
select the name of the form

I think you have also select an image. Which image it is not a problem I did select photos. I think you need the image for activating the form and without a picture no entry. So are the facts as I see.

After every entry you have to save the values. So for three entries save it three times. Mr. Benitez wrote the dialog is not data aware. That means you have to take care for saving things the program does not asked you.

In the popup you can change a lot of things. You have to play with it for understanding.

Romke

Last edited by RPG on Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
sarasotadawg

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read over that tut many times and can't find the answer. I use the wizzard to enter the items I need and they show up in the switchboarditems table but when I load the switchboard form it is empty.
RPG
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

If you open the switchboard form in edit mode then I see nothing on the form.

You must select a database
then the mode : is a form
select the name of the form

I think you have also to select an image. Which image it is not a problem I did select photos. I think you need the image for activating the form and without a picture no entry. So are the facts as I see.

You did assume a bug. I do assume you must more try to understand how it is working. Try all possibilities.

After every entry you have to save the values. So for three entries save it three times. Mr. Benitez wrote the dialog is not data aware. That means you have to take care for saving things the program does not asked you. I think it is a nice tool.

I hope this helps you.
Romke
sarasotadawg

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Romke. Something wrong here. The switchboard works fine on my XP system but not on my Vista 64 bit system. When I enter items for the switch board I cannot browse for a button icon. the system just won't give me a browse window. When I open the form it opens in User mode not Edit mode but no items appear except for a heading I inserted in Edit mode,

I have turned off Account Control and Firewall in Vista but not working. Maybe some problem with Vista 64.

On my XP system no matter what size I insert in the size controls the buttons and lables are too small.

I am using OO 3.0.1 What are you using?
RPG
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

I'm glad you have partly succeed.

I'm not sure what the problem can be. But I have an idea that it is an option in how you have configure OOo. I will point you to the place where you have given your name and addres in OOo.

menu --> Tools --> Options click mouse
There comes a popup.
Goto the line OpenOffice.org.
if there is a + before OpenOffice.org click on the plus
if there is a - before Openoffice.org goto General and click
on this tabpage there is a checkbox for:
"Open/Save" dialogs Click in the empty checkbox: result there come cross.

Do not forget that you have done this. Your opening/saving of files is now different. Try this with opening a file. Look for the difference

An other solution maybe is.
If you can use the Explorer then you copy the complete pathname.

You see again you have to search a long time for a solution. It is not nice from OOo that it reacts so strange with that cross. I hope it will change but Mr. Benitez can not change it, it is a problem of a control. I normally try all fields to change and look always what happens. Sometime it crashes complete but I have also learn to look careful if it is dangerous or not.

Quote:
On my XP system no matter what size I insert in the size controls the buttons and lables are too small
Did you have change something on the first page. On that page I can change the size of picture. The size for the pictures is all the same. The size for the lables are individual

I do use OOo3.013 with Opensue Linux. I do work for more then 4 years only linux. Only for other person I do know something about windows. I have only see Windows Vista on one computer.

I hope this helps you again

Romke
sarasotadawg

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again. Everything is working good now. I deleted all my Temp files and compared some settings from my XP system . I made a few changes and I am now able to size everything the way I want. Using OO dialog boxes was the key to getting everything right.

Thanks for your help.

SarasotaDawg
jruiz5
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My switchboard looks and works great, the only problem is that it does not consistently display correctly. Every time I open the switchboard or follow a switchboard link to a different page, the buttons disappear or some of the text disappears. If I resize the window or minimize and open it then the form looks perfect.

My issue is that I shouldn't need to resize the form every time I switch page, anyone else have this problem? Am I the only one?
RPG
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

On the first page when you init switchboard there, you can adjust the size of your window for switchboard.

There are two nummeric inputfields at the bottom of the window for width and High.

Maybe this helps you.

Romke
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: