OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Upgrading from older OO version question - deployment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kc10boom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Upgrading from older OO version question - deployment Reply with quote

I have a batch file set up to deploy this silently on the network, to include bypassing the registration by just doing an xcopy of my OO application data to the current user directory which allows the application to start right up.

However...some of the machines have the OO 1.X.X on them and some have 2.x.x . Will the 3.0 version automatically uninstall and/or upgrade these versions to avoid confusion with my 200 plus users?? I just want the file associations to be automatic with no input.

I'll paste an example of the batch file below if anyone is wanting to do this.
If teachers have MS Office 2003 then the batch file will exit, else it will install OO 3.0 silently.

REG QUERY HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{90110409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9} /s
IF ERRORLEVEL=1 GOTO 1
IF ERRORLEVEL=0 GOTO END

:1
start /wait msiexec /qn /norestart /i openofficeorg30.msi
xcopy \\FS2\SYS\Public\OpenOffice3\OpenOffice.org\* "%userprofile%\Application Data\OpenOffice.org" /e /i
GOT END

:END
EXIT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: