OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

paper sizes default & printing register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
immortile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:24 am    Post subject: paper sizes default & printing register Reply with quote

Hi, New to OpenOff and iMac as well. Have trouble with print appearing part off the page although I have been able to get prints properly in the past. Am operating OOo on a VMware Fusion2 virtual pc working on Windows XP in an iMac. Have had support from HP to check the printer with new driver and it is fine. Don't seem to be able to set the paper default as A4. Only USLetter is coming up unless I go in each time and alter it. How can I set the defaults to A4 and for that matter the measurements to metric as opposed to inches. Rolling Eyes
peterroots
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if your problem is that the documents do not default to A4 then your system is probably not set up with the the right local. WinXP defaults to US with letter and imperial measurements and ooo will use the local of your computer. Try changing the settings from control panel.
alternatively set the default language and local in ooo tools>options>languages. If set to UK english in the local you should get a4 paper and metric by default.
If your problem is the printer won't default to A4 then I don't know but try the windows local settings for this as well. maybe it will help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: