OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Preconfiguring PDF export options

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
efsq
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:49 am    Post subject: Preconfiguring PDF export options Reply with quote

I am preparing for a large scale (>900 users) OpenOffice deployment in a government organization. One of our regulations says we need to use PDF/A-1b for archival. Is there any way to "preconfigure" the PDF export options so that they default to PDF/A-1b?
helmerj
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Preconfiguring PDF export options Reply with quote

efsq wrote:
I am preparing for a large scale (>900 users) OpenOffice deployment in a government organization. One of our regulations says we need to use PDF/A-1b for archival. Is there any way to "preconfigure" the PDF export options so that they default to PDF/A-1b?

Hi!

You will find some PDF settings (I guess, since I don't know if that will work...) in this file:

./basis3.0/share/registry/schema/org/openoffice/Office/Common.xcs

The path is from inside the installation folder. I don't know if this will prevent the user to override any settings made in this file with user specific settings. Often user config files override system config files.

Cheers Juergen
efsq
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: Preconfiguring PDF export options Reply with quote

helmerj wrote:

You will find some PDF settings (I guess, since I don't know if that will work...) in this file:

./basis3.0/share/registry/schema/org/openoffice/Office/Common.xcs

Thanks juergen, there they are. And seem to work, after deleting the corresponding (user-specific) cache file in
C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Application Data\OpenOffice.org\3\user\registry\cache\ org.openoffice.Office.Common.dat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: