OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Publisher program in Open Office

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gailie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Publisher program in Open Office Reply with quote

I have just installed Open Office - I was told that I could use it to open Word and Publisher files that I had on another computer--my old computer crashed and my files were transferred to my new laptop and I do not have Publisher or Word installed on the laptop. I can open my Word files but not Publisher from Open Office. Any help would be appreciated...
thomasjk
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Openoffice cannot read Publisher files. I don't think there is another app other than Publisher that can.
gailie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks!
Sliderule
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gailie:

Just as an FYI ( For Your Information ) . . . there is a free web site, that, you may be able to use . . . to convert from a Microsoft Publisher ( pub ) . . . to . . . OpenOffice Writer ( odt ), OR, Microsoft Word file ( doc ) ( which you can then open in OpenOffice ), or, Portable Document Format ( PDF ), etc.

I have NOT used it for this conversion . . . BUT . . . have used it for other conversions. The web site is Zamzar Free Online Conversion:

http://www.zamzar.com/

With Zamzar, you send you file via the web, and they return the file, usually in minutes, in your preferred format back to you by email.

I hope this helps, please be sure to let me / us know. Very Happy

Sliderule

Thanks to add [Solved] in your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed / resolved.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: