OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Can't change My Documents path

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kerflop

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Can't change My Documents path Reply with quote

Running OO 3.0.0 on Windows Vista. After installing OO, I changed the My Documents path from the default to the folder where I actually keep stuff. Then I changed it to a subfolder of that folder. At least, I thought I did -- that's what it says under Options - Paths. But it still insists on using the first folder I changed to. I've tried changing back to the default, and changing to various other folders, but no matter what I do, when I start the file open dialog it goes back to that same folder. Is there something else I have to do to get the change to work?
--
kerflop
khelben1979
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried to change the path inside Open Office?

Tools / Options
Paths: [My Documents C:\Documents.... etc.]
kerflop

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's how I tried to change it, several times. The first time I changed it, it worked, but all subsequent changes were ignored -- it would show the correct path under tools/options/paths/My documents, but would still use the folder I first changed to.

But, oddly enough, just yesterday it started using the correct path, which has been shown in the options for several weeks. I have no idea why it suddenly changed, and now it ignores further changes. However, it's now using the correct folder, so the problem is solved, at least for the time being.

--
kerflop
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: