OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Ruler preferences not sticking in Writer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
canadianwriterman
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:00 am    Post subject: Ruler preferences not sticking in Writer Reply with quote

Recently, an Ubuntu version of 3.0 was made available through Launchpad. They way it works is to add the Launchpad repository and then update the original Ubuntu 2.4 version of OpenOffice. My question, therefore, might not be answerable on this forum, but I thought I would try.

The default ruler view for Writer shows "Character" for the horizontal ruler units and "Line" for the vertical ruler units. I have tried to set them both to show ruler units in "Inches," but the setting will not stick. Every time I repoen Writer, the units have changed back to "Character" and "Line."

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, in advance, for your help.
canadianwriterman
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:05 am    Post subject: [SOLVED] Ruler preferences not sticking Reply with quote

As an update, a complete reinstall of OpenOffice 3.0 did the trick and the ruler preferences now function properly.
canadianwriterman
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:43 pm    Post subject: Same issue Reply with quote

Just installed the official download of 3.3 and have the same issue with the ruler not holding its settings. Rather than doing a complete reinstall like last time, I was wondering if anyone has had this problem and found a solution? Thanks.
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might try resetting your user profile.
http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=12426
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: