OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Why doesn't OO Writer save my paper double spaced?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
achibaby1974

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Why doesn't OO Writer save my paper double spaced? Reply with quote

Ok. I have written a couple of essays now that have to be double spaced. However, I have to submit each paper in rich text format, so that the instructor can open it because everyone has different word processors. I've done the format ---> paragraph thing to the whole document. Each time I open the same document to work on it some more, I have to keep re-double spacing the whole document. OO doesn't seem to keep the document double-spaced, even after you've saved and closed out. In fact, when you re-open it, only the first paragraph is double spaced. Any ideas why or suggestions how to fix it? Could it be because of the rtf.format? Thanks for any help!
ftack

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to have to say this, but rtf support in OOo is not as strong as binary word doc support. Chances are that more formatting will be retained if you save as MS Word 97/XP format.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: