OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

AutoPilot Address Data Source oddity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
freiheit
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:59 pm    Post subject: AutoPilot Address Data Source oddity Reply with quote

Going by the OpenOffice.org 1.1.1 help file, I just tried to create a data source to my Mozilla address book under Windows 2000 sp4. Mozilla version is 1.7b. This was a fresh install of OOo 1.1.1.

The help file says to go to File -> AutoPilot -> Address Data Source. I did. It then asked what program to get my address book information from. I told it to get from Mozilla. It then seemed to find the two tables in my address book ("personal addresses" and "collected addresses") and asked which to open. I selected "personal addresses" which currently has 2 contacts stored in it. When I open the OOo data sources pane in Writer (F4) and open the Tables for my new address book data source, it shows both "personal addresses" and "collected addresses". Both contain the fields (First Name, Last Name, Display Name, etc, etc) but no records -- my two saved contacts are not shown.

Any ideas?
subnoodle

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:34 am    Post subject: exactly same problem Reply with quote

Hi all,

i've got the exact same problem.
When administer the data source, i create a new source with "adress book" and "mozilla"; then, there are just two address books (tables): personal addressbook and collected addresses. Both are totally empty. I have more address books than these two, but they don't appear. Each address books has many entries in Mozilla.

I use Mozilla Version 1.7; Firefox is also installed, but without address book. So, how can ii get OpenOffice to choose the proper source files? The address book url is anyhow to unspecific. Maybe there's a option to specify some files from Mozilla-Profile?

I just want to have 1 address book for all: eMailing and Office and Mobile Phone. My choice is mozilla, because this db is sufficient and working very well and OO can -normally- connect to it.

Thank you for any hints!

Greets
Sam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: