OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Unwanted file conversion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevenosbo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:19 am    Post subject: Unwanted file conversion Reply with quote

Hi there. I downloaded OpenOffice 3.0.0 last week to try it out. I decided I didn't need it in the end so I uninstalled it only to find it had changed the file extension of all of my Works documents (not only the ones I opened with it) from .wps to .doc.wps. I can open them on my desktop but not when I send the same files them to my laptop. Is this a known problem? Is there a quick way to change them back without having to manually trawl through 100s of documents changing each one? I run Works 8.5 on Windows XP.

Thanks for your help.
Steven
metrofax

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Not sure ... Reply with quote

I'm not sure if it's a known issue but I have searched for a solution and didn't find a reply.

I've experienced the same thing on my laptop even after reinstalling Works.

Love OpenOffice and have it at work but this is an inconvenience for those of us who do uninstall it in one location or another.

Hope you find an answer and hope it's posted here where I'll be monitoring. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: